Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Best Rest

Afternoon times of rest are great! Some days it's really necessary and rest comes easy; other times I struggle to rest because my mind is a'whirlin' about this-that-the-other. How do you, however, rest your heart? The psalmist writes, "And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You" (Psalm 39:7). We put our hope in many earthly things - all are temporal, fleeting, passing, terminal.  Just like the heart is engaged in bodily functions, so is the spiritual heart (body, soul, spirit) involved in living life. Believers should take a heart of rest as it is Jesus in Whom we "live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). Yes, Jesus, Who faced every struggle yet do not sin, endured the cruelty of men even unto death, finally defeating our last enemy - death! Therefore, Lord, "Let me learn how to better rest my heart and hope in You, O Lord." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). Rest for the body - that's good. Rest for the heart, rooted in Jesus, The Blessed Hope - that's ... best rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home