Sunday, September 25, 2022

No Surprises

Of my four guys - Mister Bill and the three boys - I can usually accurately predict their response to my texts ... or if they will respond at all. That's because I know them well, and I'm sure they can say the same about me! This is what the psalmist prayed: "Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness" (Psalm 119:149). First, he knows God hears him; second, he is certain God responds according to His loving and kind nature. He knows God will not act in moodiness, impatience nor indifference. The psalmist knows God's "righteousness is an everlasting righteousness" (V.141). Because The Father is eternally and consistently loving and kind, He acts no other way! "Of old I have known from Your testimonies that You have founded them forever" (V.152). It is wise when Believers pause and reflect on the faithfulness of God as well as the nature of all His ways as He responds to us. True, my guys surprise me with their responses but we should never be surprised at the good and gracious acts of The Good and Gracious God. Nope ... no surprises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home