Sunday, October 2, 2022

Lay It Down

It is no secret how beneficial a good night's rest brings to the new day; also, how the lack of a good rest effects the day! As utterly important as bodily rest is, so is rest to the spirit. Perhaps Believers don't give spiritual rest enough attention. Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28). I've watched Mister Bill use a chain, a wheel barrow, a pulley and a hand truck and his Jeep to move heavy objects. Jesus isn't offering "assistance" as we are burdened with weights of sorrow, cares and concerns. Oh, no - He wants to bear the weight alone! "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (V.29-30). Oh, what rest we forfeit as we struggle under the weight of what we are not meant to bear! "Let me rest once again, Jesus, in the certainty of Your promises; in the promise of Your peace; in the peace of Your presence; in the presence of Your love." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). Lay down that burden and rest as God does He does in perfect love ... just lay it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home