Thursday, September 29, 2022

All Is Well

This older-me finds myself stocking-up on things: paper towels, hair spray, deodorant, toilet paper, etc. In the earlier seasons of life, it was buy-as-you-go. One of my favorite Bible examples of God's provision is when he Hebrews were in the wilderness; from Exodus 16:4 - "Then The LORD said to Moses, 'Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day.'" There was to be no stocking-up or gathering for the next day ... literally, just enough. Oh, how this speaks to The Father's sufficiency - His "new mercies" each morning (Lamentations 3:23). Admittedly, I'm a planner; I prefer to check my calendar and see what's ahead so I can plan and prepare, have a mental snapshot of what's coming. This is, of course, trusting in MY abilities, MY control, MY resources instead of God's sovereignty and sufficiency. Jesus said, "Do not worry about your life ... Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worthy much more than they?" (Matthew 6:25-26). O Lord, "prove Yourself sufficient to my need in each moment ... Remind me that my life is cradled in Your hands. Remind me that all is well with my soul, and so all is well eternally." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). Truly, God is Sufficient so ... all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home