Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Face The Son

There's a short-cut Mister Bill loves to drive but I don't care for it at all. It's very curvy and has lots of over-hanging trees that cast shadows - it's just spooky to me! We may get to pick-and-choose a lot in this life, but some things you have no choice in or control over. We watch others as they go-there and even imagine how it will be when it's our turn; truth is, our imaginations aren't that good. The hard things come eventually - it's our turn. I remember standing on the pitcher's mound, bottom of the 7th, bases loaded, tying run on 3rd, full-count on the batter -  my Dad looks me in the eye and says, "Bev, this is when we see what you're made of!" In the hard times, will this great faith so carefully nurtured see us through? "Lord, teach me now what it means to trust You in the dark vale of night, as I have trusted You in the full light of day. O Lord, light my way. O Lord, lead me in Your good paths." (Every Moment Holy).  A blind Helen Keller said, "keep your face to the sun and you will not see the shadows." Direction matters - looking to Jesus, The Author and Finisher of our faith ... face The Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home