Thursday, October 6, 2022

Enough for Me

Most Americans have trouble with having "enough." From food buffets to cases of products to storage units, this more-attitude is alive and well! Even though instructed to gather only a daily portion of manna, the Hebrews insisted on ... more. More than once in Scripture, God promised His Presence to be constant and uninterrupted. In Psalm 139, the psalmist asked, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your Presence?" (V.7-9). It's a very human and earth-based question: our going in, going out, lying down, rising up, morning, noon, night, times of light, times of darkness (V.2, 8-12). All our places and times matter to Him - "You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is too high, I cannot attain to it" (V.5-6). The good news is He has His Believers covered in every way and all circumstances. "You are with me. And that is enough. You are with me, And that is all. You are are with me. And I am not alone." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). He my All and I am not alone ... that is enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home