Thursday, October 20, 2022

Fixed On Him

There's really something indescribable about looking directly into someone's eyes. Mister Bill has always been a good judge of character; he says he can tell the character of a person by the eyes. The psalmist wrote, "I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from The LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He Who keeps you will not slumber." (Psalm 121:1-3). What assurance - the Believer's help comes from The LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth, The One Who never sleeps will keep his foot from slipping! All this yet it begins with an upward look ... "I will lift up my eyes." All this promised help, strength and confidence comes only when we willingly turn our spiritual eyes to The Father. "Now lift my eyes, O Lord, beyond this aching, present drain of days and nights." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). How wonderful The Father never takes His eyes off His children! May we diligently keep our eyes directed to and ... fixed on Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home