Sunday, November 13, 2022

Altogether There

Seniors are often reminded of their forgetfulness by those who are less ... senior. My grandchildren are some of my sweetest reminders of God's constant unchanging nature. Whenever in my presence, they seem quite delighted to ... be there. One of Satan's tricks, I believe, is to make us forget how "present" God is during naturally occurring times of life: illness, broken relationships, death, etc. When these times occur, Believers should take comfort that our difficult times never blindside our All-Knowing, Sovereign and Compassionate God. He said, "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands" (Isaiah 49:16). Take note: it's not my name engraved into His hands - no! Look again - He says, "I have inscribed YOU." It's my whole person, all of me ... my heartaches, my struggles, my sorrows, my brokenness ... yes, He says all that makes me ... me! Spurgeon wrote that in the palms of God's hands, He has "put thee altogether there." More than  when Dad held me during a violent thunderstorm or after a nightmare, God has me altoge there in His strong, safe, sheltering, comforting arms. Oh, my heart, listen and be relieved and comforted. I am now and evermore ... altogether there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home