Sunday, January 22, 2023

Hear Wisdom

Have you on occasion put your fingers in your hears - perhaps to drown-out loud noise or as a signal to someone you weren't listening? I fear this is exactly what we do to God when - clearly in front of us - is His Voice of Truth! God begins Proverbs 1:5 with these words: "The wise will hear ..." The logical conclusion is when we are unwilling and refuse to listen, we will not hear nor are we wise. What about the voices we actually do listen to during the course of even one day - they are many and usually devoid of truth YET we give them audience. The psalmist expresses a discipline too many Believers lack: "With all my heart I have sought You, [inquiring of You and longing for You]; do not let me wander from Your commandments [neither through ignorance nor by willful disobedience]. Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart, that I may not sin against You." (Psalm 119:10-11, AMP). If living and walking wisely before God is important to us, we will listen to Wisdom's voice and pray for God's grace to ... hear wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home