Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sought and Found

Perhaps you have a nickname - a name you are known by aside from what's on your birth certificate. I'm known as "Bev" or "Mrs Bev" to many, "MomC" to my grandchildren, and Mister Bill often refers to me as "Queen" or "Bride of Bill." God revealed to Isaiah an unique name for His people: "The holy people, the redeemed of the LORD ... will be called 'sought out.'” (Isaiah 62:12). Like a lost treasure or something that has wandered away, God sought us out and called us and drew us into His tender fold of love [by The Gospel of Jesus Christ]. Those who have confessed His Name and believed on Jesus Christ are God's treasured possession. "If you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you shall be My treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is Mine." (Exodus 19:5). We have no explanation for such mercy and grace; we can only rejoice in and praise Him for such a seeking-out from darkness into light. Know and delight in your this beloved name - "sought out" - that you are now found!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home