Sunday, May 7, 2023

Unmixed

As a young girl, when I heard the phrase "mixed drinks" I knew it meant part of the mix included alcohol. A few days ago, I watched our Isabelle "mix" 5-6 different soft drinks then kindly offer Mister Bill and I sips! I suggest many Believers are regularly sippin' on a mix of truth and lies; and, sadly, many of them have no idea of the deadly mix! Jesus [The Son] prayed [to The Father] specifically for us - His followers: "My prayer is not that You take them out of the world but that You protect them from the evil one ... Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth." (John 17:15, 17). Quite simply, it is Truth as spoken by the perfect, holy, unchanging, eternal God (aka "thus says The Lord") by which we are sanctified - made holy and acceptable unto Him for righteous living. The problem - and not a new one, by the way - is that Satan has distorted the Truth [as spoken by God Eternal] to make "truth" more suitable to man's own passions and persuasions. Take note, however: "forever, O Lord, Your word is firmly fixed in the heavens" (Psalm 119:89). Mister Bill (PopC) and I (MomC) kindly but resolutely declined to sip Isabelle's "mixed drink." I wonder how many of us are carelessly sippin' on mixed-truths today. There is only one truth - it is pure and true - it is unchanging. Be sure your truth is ever and always ... unmixed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home