Tuesday, July 4, 2023

How Wise Are You?

We all have those "aha" moments - those times when something finally occurs to us and we wonder why it took us so long to "get it." Listen to the words of Agur from Proverbs 30:2: "Surely I am more brutish and stupid than any man, and I do not have the understanding of a man [for I do not know what I do not know]." (AMP).  And what was Agur's "aha?" He continues, "I have not learned [skillful and godly] wisdom, nor do I have knowledge of the Holy One [Who is the source of wisdom]." (V.3, AMP). What a moment of humility when Agur realized apart from knowledge of God, he would have no true wisdom! Only by divine revelation [of the Holy One ... the source of wisdom], would Agur know what he did not nor could never know. This significant understanding is a mark of Agur's [as well as ours] wisdom. So just ... how wise are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home