Thursday, July 13, 2023

Layin' Down - Pickin' Up

My, oh my, how much time I spend looking for things!  Now-a-days, it's looking for my reading glasses: I can't pick 'em up cause I don't know where I laid 'em down. Followers of Jesus shouldn't be known as anxious people. Philippians 4:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing ..." It's the "nothing" part that usually gets me! Things rock along fairly well and in God's grace anxiety is under control, then along comes the-whopper-of-something and Godly peace is left in the dust. The rest of that verse is, "... but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." God wants us to ask for help - help to just lay-down (and leave) the things that rob us of a peaceful spirit. . Yes, lay 'em down like ... ... that pair of glasses I can't keep up with! God truly cares about my every anxious moment. He is so gracious -- He doesn't even leave us  empty-handed. When we lay-down our anxious spirit, we can pick-up His Spirit of Peace. What an exercise in faith and obedience ... layin' down and pickin' up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home