Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Choke Not!

Getting choked on something is not fun! It actually can be kinda scary. That panic feeling that comes with not being able to breathe isn't pleasant. Praise is mentioned more than just a few times in Scripture, and it's not an if-you-feel-like-it option. Ephesians 5:18-20 says, "Be filled with The Spirit ... singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ." As I meditated on this week years ago, I remember how I almost choked every time on "giving thanks always for all things." Thanks for -- a heat index of 98 degrees - laundry baskets overflowing with dirty clothes - disher to unload - the price of gasoline. I read it again and, yes, the passage was perfectly clear: give thanks ALWAYS for ALL things. I got past the choking and began to see God's Goodness in all the madness of life and obediently thanked Him. When I did, there was an abundance of [spiritual] fresh air and a gain of peaceful breathing. Through it I learned a new commandment -- praise Him and choke not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home