Thursday, October 12, 2023

Plugged-In

 One thing missing from this remodeled1945 farmhouse is an adequate number of electrical outlets! I've brought this matter to the attention of the "maintenance department" but I'm still waiting on for a response. Perhaps one of the problems to a Believer's lack of spiritual power is simply not being ... plugged-in. Plugged-in, that is, as Jesus said: "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." (John 15:4, ESV). That word "abide" refers to remaining and continuing in relationship to Jesus Who sufficiently supplies all our spiritual needs. I love the psalmist's confession, "as for me, it is good for me to be near God" (Psalm 73:28, ESV). Remaining close to Jesus is a full-time endeavor, one that requires disciplined and intentional times with God through quietness, study and meditation on His words as well as faithful times of worship, fellowship and service with other Believers. Are you missing what it takes to walk wisely and effectively with Jesus? If so, I suggest you examine how well you are ... plugged-in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home