Monday, November 13, 2023

Be Not Astounded

The things we see these days! Just when we're certain we've seen it all - BAM! we see that we haven't! Consider this as proposed by Charles Spurgeon: "what can be more astounding than the unfounded doubts and fears of God's people?" From my own experience, no sooner has God proved Himself faithful and sufficient in a moment of trial than I find myself wondering how I will meet the newest challenge, struggle, looming mountain. How many times does my God have to prove Himself completely trustworthy so that I can be at peace and rest in His care? Surely we aren't nt surprised at the doubts among those who do not believe, but all too quickly [even] God's people say with the prophet: "the LORD has forsaken me,and the Lord has forgotten me" (Isaiah 49:14, NASB). Yet again and again and again, God reminds us "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My Hands" (V.16). For those of us who have surrendered our hearts to Him through faith in Christ Jesus, did we do so frivolously or casually, with insincerity? If indeed our faith is genuine, why then are we surprised at Who God is and what He does! Here's the bottom line: if we truly believe and trust the faithful and all-sufficient Savior ... let's not act surprised when He IS faithful and all-sufficient ... do not be astounded!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home