Friday, November 3, 2023

Yes, I Will

 

Almost every morning, one of my first conscious thoughts of the day is "I'm going to ride my bike today." Sadly, it ends up being ... only a thought. Read the words of David in Psalm 9: "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of Your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High." (Verses 1-2). He writes of giving thanks, remembering God's wonderful deeds, gladly exalting Him and singing praises to His Name. One thing that struck me as I read this is David's declaration of determination as he says ... I will. A serious follower of Jesus Christ must lead a disciplined life! While my recumbent bike may be largely neglected, time in The Word and with The Father must never be neglected. Paul writes, "For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." (1 Timothy 4:8, ESV). Particularly in times of great sadness, there is need and reward in a disciplined focus on God and His Goodness. It's best to set aside the little-engine-that-could mentality and [instead] embrace God's rich and sure promise "with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). It is really is amazin' what praisin' can do. By and in God's strength ... yes, I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home