Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Know God

My Dad's grandfather lived with him and his family until he passed away at age 99. I never knew Dad's "papa" but I feel like I did from all the stories Dad shared about him. I know I would have loved him just as much as Dad did. Jesus said to His disciples, "If you had [really] known Me, you would also have known My Father. From now on you know Him, and have seen Him." (John 14:7, AMP). It's not uncommon to hear people say they want to "know God" but they seem at a lost just how to do that. Again in V.9 to Philip, Jesus said "Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?'" I heard a speaker say one time if you want to know God, "read the red." In many Bible, the letters printed in red are Jesus' words. What a great way to know God, to grow closer to Him, to be joined in fellowship with The Father ... study the life of Jesus, His Son. Just a few chapters before, Jesus said, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30, ESV). I suspect my Dad inherited and learned many of his papa's traits but there would be so much more to know of his papa had I had an opportunity. None of us are at a disadvantage to know The Father - we have His exact character and nature in His Son, Jesus (Hebrews 1:2). The simple of it is this: know Jesus ... know God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home