Sunday, November 19, 2023

Heart Tours

Have you ever been on a Tour of Homes? I’ve been on a few, and all the houses were amazing
showcases but there were things missing: laundry, unswept floors, dust, dirty dishes,
clutter. As Believers, we are called to maintain lives that can be “toured” by others at any
moment – without shame. Oh, my! Charles H. Spurgeon wrote, “Our lives must be such that
observers may peep within doors and may see nothing for which to blame us.” Again I say – oh,
my! The life that can stand such scrutiny includes the most hidden places of the heart. A heart
of holiness – swept clean of sinful debris requires determined discipline and sanctifying
grace. "Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23).
This is a wise consideration for every serious follower of Jesus Christ: is my heart open for
tours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home