Monday, March 11, 2024

Full Conviction

Unlike days-past, we no longer have to wonder who is calling our phone! The caller's identity (or lack of) flashes at us so we know how to answer ... or not. I fear too often I forget to whom I am praying! Of course, I'm praying to the One True Father through His One and Only Son, Jesus; what I mean to say is that I neglect to remember the power and might of God's Nature. David wrote, "Hear the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to You do I pray." (Psalm 5:2, AMP). He addresses God as "King" - reigning counsel, advisor and authority over everything. Then David uses the Hebrew name "Elohim" - the plural form of Supreme God. Do we bow and speak to God with like confidence - King and God - acknowledging there is neither a greater nor a more supreme authority, counsel or power than He? If we truly believe, as David did, perhaps we would bow before Him more often and with true sincerity of heart. We'd turn less to secular authorities for advice, counsel and justice. In an earlier chapter David said, "salvation belongs to the Lord" (Psalm 3:8). It is God alone Who is both willing and able to guide His people in truth and sustain them with all sufficiency. This is the power of Elohim - God and King. Let us know Him and live prayerfully before Him with ... full conviction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home