Monday, April 29, 2024

Rest In Him

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  You don't fall off unless you stop peddling."  I always enjoyed riding a bicycle, and I really liked the coasting part of riding.  As much as we want to coast through life, we find ourselves peddling all the more and the harder it becomes. God really cares about the weariness of His children.  Life makes us weary; the daily must-do things wear on the body, mind, spirit and heart. The Father is ever gently yet firmly reminding us He has declared victory over every things that weighs us down with every struggle. , and weariness.  Jesus said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, ESV). Christ knows all about those things because He faced them and conquered each one as The Son. What joy we can rest in Him completely. In her 1876 hymn, Jean Pigott wrote: "Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart." How amazing that we can actually stop peddling so ferociously and even coast as we quietly and peacefully ... rest in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home