Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Simply Surrendered

The actor, Jim Nabors, gave us lots of laughs as Gomer Pyle but I don’t recall anyone laughing when Jim Nabors sang!  His singing voice in no way resembled his speaking voice.  God cares deeply how I match up. That is, am I in private what I am in public?  Oh, that we all were real through-and-through, never a need to weigh real against pretense. Unfortunately, it’s not quite that … simple.  Paul wrote, “For our proud confidence is this: the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you.”  (2 Corinthians 1:12)  Devout & pure motives, simple godly sincerity – what a state-of-being!  In front of our local high school once stood a sign with these words: do the right thing.  Simple and profound - a whisper of The Father to my own oft fickle heart. O Lord, give me a humble heart ... simply surrendered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home