Wednesday, April 10, 2024

The Gospel

Without going and counting them, how many posts are on your porch? I'm pretty sure I know but to be certain, I really need to go and look!  I fear too much of my day I neglected to live in full gratitude of The Gospel. In the course of running errands, organizing and cleaning the house, shopping and many other tasks, The Gospel isn't always a priority. Paul wrote, " Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." (1 Corinthians 15:1-3, NASB). Note those words: in which you stand - you hold fast - first importance. The great Good News, written and promised and delivered by The Father unto those who believe, isn't an otherwise random or causal thought of the day! It is The Pillar, The Foundation, The Bedrock of our faith, of who we are in Christ Jesus. I know, you want to go confirm the number of posts on your porch - go ahead and count them! Just make certain to count The Gospel as what It is - worthy of all we are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home