Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Build on Him

Do you ever think about how inadequate we really are? Oh, surely we do many things well: I get giggly-glad with myself when something I've planted actually blooms! Perhaps, like me, you know the incredible treasure of a few friends with whom you share a long rich history as well as sweet ongoing fellowship. God says in Proverbs 18:24, "The man of too many friends [chosen indiscriminately] will be broken in pieces and come to ruin, but there is a [true, loving] friend who [is reliable and] sticks closer than a brother." (Amplified Translation). One thing I've come to know is the key ingredient to such treasure friendship: Jesus. Anyone who intends to be a true friend must first acknowledge the heart's inability to be that stick-to-it kind of friend! If we take Jesus by the hand, however, we will lead our friends to God and show to those friends the depth of His love. When my own sensitivity is lacking, God's is revealed; when I lack depth of sincerity, the breadth of God's delivers; when my words fail to bring comfort and encouragement, God's words are perfect and plenty. "There is no sympathy - even as there is no love, no gentleness, no tenderness, no patience - like Christ's." (Octavius Winslow). Maybe you [too] want to be that kind of friend. Such a friendship begins with God Who has called us His friend (James 2:23). Jesus is the one-true-divine catalyst to real friendship ... build on Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home