Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Treasure Him!

Perhaps you've heard (or even said yourself) "I live for this," referring to something for which you are passionate - a particular season or activity, etc. Truth is, we hardly have to announce what captivates our minds, resources, time and energy - it plays-out in our choices and priorities. I sometimes cringe at what followers of Jesus don't live for ... Jesus Himself. Jesus said "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Luke 12:34, ESV). Perhaps the Body of Christ [as a whole] has lost Christ as Its supreme treasure. It is no small or casual thing to know Jesus as our Treasure; it requires great courage and discipline to commit to the depth of such devotion. Jesus said, "if anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me." (Matthew 16:24, ESV). My prayer is that Christ is my "I live for this" - that He be my greatest treasure. The All-Knowing, All-Sufficient, Eternal, Living Lord ... treasure Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home