Sunday, March 31, 2024

Seedin' Time

For gardeners, this is planting season. Soon I'll have Mister Bill bring out my outside planters and I'll plant some blooms with grand hopes they will live and bloom! There is promised success when we plant the Word of God in our hearts: God promises, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away." (Matthew 24:35, ESV). I cannot count the times I opened my kitchen junk drawer to find packets of seeds that never made it to the dirt! Philipp Spener wrote, "God's Word alone is the seed from which all that is good in us must grow."  The key to that growth, however, is frequently and faithfully opening and reading His Word so that His Truth finds its way into our hearts. Open God's Word today -- every day should be ... seedin' time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home