Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Precious Treasures

Perhaps you remember the childhood fun of searching for hidden treasures. This older-me engages in similar searches for misplaced things - glasses, phone, keys, etc. David wrote, "As for the saints (godly people) who are in the land, they are the majestic and the noble and the excellent ones in whom is all my delight." (Psalm 16:3, AMP). What a great reminder how God delights in those who love and honor Him with lives of devotion. It should also be a good nudge and encouragement to Believers, as we abide in Christ, to enjoy the fellowship of the household of faith. Without any hesitation or reservation, I will testify some of the greatest Godly treasures I know are found among those who [with me] faithfully gather together to worship, pray, study, serve and fellowship in The Body of Christ - His Church. Those are the ones who have laughed and cried with me, prayed with me, held my hand and encouraged me, shared my sorrows and joys, and stirred me to deeper devotion to Christ. Being an active part of Christ's Body of Believers is not only an act of spiritual obedience, it is [as David said] being among the majestic, the noble and the excellent ones in this world. Oh, how grateful we should always be for one another - these ... precious treasures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home