Sunday, May 5, 2024

Family Resemblance

Perhaps you've heard "X marks the spot." I watched Mister Bill mark underground water lines because he doesn't care to dig in search of them again - I get that! Just like my sisters and I share familial features of our parents and grandparents, Believers should bear a strong family resemblance to Jesus. The psalmist wrote, "The Lord has set apart the godly for Himself" (4:3, ESV). Our faith marks us! The features that set us apart are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:21-22). As followers of Jesus, we live with full awareness that we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works (Ephesians 2:10). Occasionally, I'll see someone who reminds me of someone else,  something familiar - a facial feature, a mannerism, a hairstyle, a voice. Do you wonder how much of who you are reminds others of Jesus? Oh, that each one of us live with a ... family resemblance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home