Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Our Warranty

Warranties can be a deal-maker or a deal-breaker! Few things come with a lifetime warranty but when they do, it's usually worth consideration. "As for man, his days are like grass - he flourishes like a flower of the field, but when the wind blows over it, it is gone, and its place is no longer known." (Psalm 103:15-16, TLV). Mister Bill often jokes that he should have considered my warranty more carefully some 49 years ago; truth is, none of us come with a promise of longevity. The psalmist prayed, "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!" (Psalm 39:4, ESV). How wise we are when we live within the reality that our days are fleeting! "But the mercy of Adonai is from everlasting to everlasting on those who revere Him, His righteousness to children's children, to those who keep His covenant, who remember to observe His instructions." (Psalm 103: 17, TLV). From everlasting-to-everlasting cannot be rightly imagined nor described as the span of [what we know as] a lifetime. I regret the opportunities I've squandered in my lifetime yet God never failed to use each otherwise wasted moment to prove Himself faithful in His love for and towards me. Because Adonai is self-existing from eternity-to-eternity, He alone warrants His goodness and faithfulness to all mankind. What a wonder and joy [as Believers] we know there is no one in whom to place every moment of our lives. He is our ... Warranty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home