Thursday, May 30, 2024

Make It Personal

In business class I learned personal or confidential letters should be clearly marked "Personal and Confidential." Of course, if a piece of mail isn't addressed to you, you should assume, it is ... personal or confidential! From the beginning, God intended a personal relationship with mankind. It's unimaginable The Creator of the universe would want to be in relationship with us yet He does. To His disciples, Jesus said, "Abide in Me, and I in you" (John 15:4, ESV). Can you think of anything closer, more intimate or personal than ... He-in-me and me-in-Him? Jesus went on to make known just how serious He is about a personal relationship: "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. (John 15:13-15, ESV). That "greater love" was made most personal when Jesus did indeed "lay down" His life for you and I. How grateful are you for that personal declaration? Yes, God's love - Jesus' sacrifice - The Holy Spirit's indwelling are altogether as personal as it gets. Make it real in your life ... make it personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home