Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Father's Way

When we leave home for our favorite beach, there are several routes we can take. Mister Bill prefers the shorter less traveled route; and, although we have made the trip more than forty years, we must listen to the GPS woman for direction. Me, I would choose the more familiar route with its many stop lights and stopping-spots along the way. David wrote, "O LORD, lead me in Your righteousness ... make Your way straight before me" (Psalm 5:8, NASB). Do you routinely ask God for His way or do you make your own way? "There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 18:12, NASB). When we do choose our own way, we can be sure it will not be God's way - the way of righteousness, the way that leads to life, to peace and joy and contentment. You know this: there are plenty of voices inviting and urging us to go this way and that way! Same was true for David - he writes of the alternative voices as unreliable, destructive, rebellious, boastful, flattering, selfish. I'm so very thankful I had an earthly father who not only taught me God's way but lived it before me. To walk in my Dad's footsteps was to follow the path less traveled. My deepest gratitude is that The Father's way has been shown to us through His Son, Jesus. His way is clearly marked - not always the shortest or fastest route, and with lots of stops and starts; nonetheless, it's the way to a settled soul and contented spirit. Choose ... The Father's Way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home