Monday, August 24, 2026

Run-To

My days of running are long passed! Although I was on the school's track team, I never really enjoyed running; I basically ran to stay in shape for basketball. Thoughts of those days just make this older-me hurt! David writes, "In the LORD I take refuge" (Psalm 11:1a NASB). How very different is our response when trouble comes: our first thought is to take flight, and usually to the wrong person, place or thing. For me, my first call is usually to Mister Bill! David continues, "How can you say to my soul, 'Flee as a bird to your mountain" (Verse 1b). A few chapters earlier David spoke of The LORD as a stronghold, and said this: "Those who know Your Name will put their trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalm 9:10 NASB). That word "know" in the Hebrew means to know "by experience." They have actually experienced God as the refuge, the stronghold in times of need. Oh what we forfeit when we run-to other people-places-things for our spiritual comfort and strength. Mister Bill has long been my go-to, my run-to - and I pray that will continue; however, he has his limitations. God is all-powerful, ever-faithful and longs to be The One we ... run-to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home