Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Your Resemblance

From MWB Archives - Oct 2010. The younger Mister Bill was quite the letter-writer. Four grades ahead of me and in a different school, he figured out how to courier a letter to me each day.  I can’t remember what he wrote, but I do remember how much I liked getting those notes! God’s children have been given a particular pattern for living.  We are to have the lifestyle that imitates Jesus.  Everyone knows what it is to be a son or a daughter; our birth certificates bear the name of a biological mother and father.  So the souls of the Saints (the saved, redeemed) bear the Name of the One Most High, and we are thus identified as as His.  God's Word says, “Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High." (Luke 6:35). These weren’t suggestions to sinners telling them how to behave, rather reminders to Believers to be who they are in Christ!  Loving an enemy certainly isn’t the world’s way, but God’s way; doing good isn’t so common, but a characteristic of God; to give expecting nothing in return may not sound sensible yet it's pleasing to God.  When we do-life God’s way, we’re rewarded far greater than we can imagine.  Also, we are specifically marked by God and others as genuine disciples - true followers of Jesus. Those Mister Bill letters thrilled my heart and I found a sense of acceptance in his words; over time I learned there was a genuine resemble between his words and his affection.  A true follower of Jesus will bears the mark of The Father.  Consider ... your resemblance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home