Thursday, December 1, 2022

Remember the IT

While I love having my toes in the sand, I absolutely do not care to be covered in sand. Not by choice, once I found myself entirely too close to a wet-and-sandy dog which resulted in what wet-and-sandy dogs do!. It did not go well for me. As I'm sure you are well aware, there are times in life when we find ourselves paralyzed, unable to move forward, wondering how we will press on. Paul wrote, "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own." (Philippians 3:12). The "it" Paul is referring to is the Power that comes from knowing Christ intimately. I've heard it said ... Believers should profess what they possess ... affirm openly what you claim - practice what you preach. I remember [and now treasure] words my Dad would say to me on the ball field after I'd walked a couple of batters and couldn't seem to "find the plate" again; he'd call time-out, walk to the pitcher's mound, look me in the eyes and firmly say, "Bev, shake it off and pitch to the glove." Oh, how we need to shake-off the things that weigh us down and hinder us from living each day victoriously. The way forward may truly be tough but remember the IT that every Believer possesses - the Spirit and Power of Jesus Christ ... "for nothing will be impossible with God" (Luke 1:37). Let us profess what we possess ... remember the IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home