Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Long Obedience

Reverse engineering sounds pretty technical to me, but it's really a common and practical technique. Yes, I've watched Mister Bill look at a malfunctioning object and I could hear his mind say, "now, what makes you tick?" Have you ever considered the lives of men and women who finished their lives spiritually strong then wondered "how did they do it?" Here's what the Bible says about Enoch: "By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God." (Hebrews 11:5). Never tasting death - that's precious enough but take note that Enoch "pleased God." Earlier, in Genesis 5:22, we read, "Enoch walked [in habitual fellowship] with God three hundred years after the birth of Methuselah and had other sons and daughters." Three hundred years Enoch consistently and faithfully walked with and pleased God - what long obedience. Sadly, I can scarcely claim to have pleased God through faithful obedience even a slight period of my years. The Saints who [in my memory] finished strong and faithful are characterized best by one thing, which inspires me to greater heights of pleasing my Heavenly Father and that is ... long obedience. So be it, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home