Monday, November 28, 2022

Beauty Mark

Our sweet Grand #4 recently showed me a small discoloration of her skin, and proudly announced it as her "beauty mark." We already knew she was beautifully marked in many ways! I suggest many Believers fail to acknowledge what marks us, and that is The Beauty of Jesus Christ. Although it may show itself in physically, the beauty Jesus produces is far deeper. "Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." (1 Peter 3:3-4). The point here is instead of devoting so much time-money-energy into our outward appearance (what is perishable), pay attention to the inner person (what is imperishable). Oh, how tragic when Believers refuse to see in ourselves the wondrous beauty of God's design: "I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well." (Psalm 139:14). My Mama used to say "beauty is only skin deep," which is absolutely true when the inner person has been neglected. My greatest desire is to resemble Christ - may He truly be my ... Beauty Mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home