Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Live Nobly

Maybe you do, but I don't know anyone personally that was born to nobility -- akin to a king, queen, prince, or princess.  Now, I suppose the closest I'll get to such is when Mister Bill calls me his "queen" - I can live with that! Did you know the word "noble" actually refers to one's character? I suspect we can agree that not all folks act nobly; we see it in stores and parking lots, on ball fields, among families and [sadly] sometimes among God's family. Those who belong to Him, however, are born into nobility. James 2:5 says those who love the Lord are "heirs of the kingdom."  Titus 3:7 says we are justified by God's grace and made to "become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."  You see, those who love the Lord and genuinely seek to honor and obey Him are noble indeed, rich in an inheritance of eternal hope. We are truly born [again] into nobility, children of The King. Because of Christ – live nobly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home