Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Prayerful Thought

Do you remember Winnie the Pooh and the tun he sang as he struggles to walk through a strong blustery wind to his Thoughtful Spot: "looks like a rather blustery day today." Answering Nicodemus, Jesus said: "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8, NASB). Perhaps one of the hardest things to learn as a follower of Christ is this intent desire to do what is not in our power to do: be like Christ. Every ounce of human effort cannot and will not do what only The Holy Spirit does - "Like the mighty force, He bears down all opposition, sweeps away every barrier, overcomes every difficulty ... He effectually works in those who believe." (Octavius Winslow). Only when we lay-down the continual struggling work of the flesh can The Holy Spirit do its perfect work within us. As the Puritan prayed, "Let me find Thy life in my death." Sadly, I never good at slow-dancing; my problem was I never learned to let Mister Bill lead. I wonder the extent of spiritual peace and blessing because we follow our own way in our own strength rather than allow The Spirit to lead us in the way of righteousness. Not sure the reason Pooh was headed to his "Thoughtful Place," but it sure inspires me to give ... prayerful thought ... to the perfecting work of The Holy Spirit in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home