Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All of Me

Founder of the Salvation Army, General William Booth, wrote these words: “God has had all there was of me. There have been men with greater brains than I, men with greater opportunities. But from the day I got the poor of London on my heart and caught a vision of what Jesus Christ could do with them, on that day I made up my mind that God should have all of William Booth there was. And if there is anything of power in the Salvation Army today, it is because God has had all the adoration of my heart, all the power of my will, and all the influence of my life.”

Inspired of God first in Deuteronomy 6:5 then echoed in Mark 12:30, we have our first command: “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.”  Heart – Soul – Mind – Strength … what’s left?  Absolutely nothing.  It’s an all-of-me lifestyle: the beauty of Christ and His Magnificent Matchless Grace pouring forth with His Divine Light … all the adoration of hearts, all the power of wills, and all the influences of lives!  All of me!

Have a blessed time of thanksgiving for the rich and endless mercies of The Father.
Until Monday, 11-29 … Miles of Smiles, Beverly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home