Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Am His

Do you remember the days when a girl wore her boyfriend’s class ring?  Well, I do!  I could barely wait for Bill to get his so I could wear it!  As was custom, I melted enough wax to make it fit my finger, then sport it I did!

It’s important we consider just how well we are identified as belonging to Christ.  Think about it – we put decals on our windows and embroider logos on our clothing to call attention to our favorite teams, entertainers, etc.   How do we reveal Christ’s claim on our lives?  Paul made it clear God’s chosen belong to Him: “You belong to Christ; and Christ belongs to God.” (1 Corinthians 3:23)  Because we ARE His, we bear a mark, evidence of His righteousness.  Spurgeon wrote it eloquently, “When the siren song of pleasure would tempt you from the path of right, reply ‘Thy music cannot charm me; I am Christ’s.’” This is how the world knows we belong to Christ, to God.  His mark upon us shows!  I really wanted to wear Bill’s ring because I loved him and wanted everyone to know it.  The world must know to Whom we belong.  Just like the song says, “let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.”

Dear Lord,
Make Your Light within me so great it cannot help but shine before men so they will see The Savior.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home