Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where Grace Shines

James Kelly wrote, "Pride and grace dwelt never in one place."  I remember not being able to drive because of some health problems several years ago, and being at the mercy of someone else’s wheels just ain't my style!  I like being in command of my own horse-and-buggy, thank you!

God's Grace doesn’t shine in a prideful life.  How many times has my pride pushed away and refused His Grace?  With great confidence, I can say “countless times!”  The I-Can-Do-It-By-Myself attitude leaves no room for God’s Grace to work. His Grace just doesn’t work side-by-side with pride.  James 4:6 says " ... God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." Embracing I-Cannot-Do-It-By-Myself is when God’s Grace reveals Itself as completely sufficient, strong, and sustaining.  IN our sinful state, pride hinders the compassionate Nature and Will of God.  FOR our sinful state, His Grace was purposely brought down at Bethlehem in the form of man, deliberately worked out on a cross, and gloriously perfected in an empty tomb.  His Strength is seen best in the state of our own frailty.  It may seem strange but it's so true -- it's where His Grace shines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home