Thursday, December 9, 2010

Animazing!

In 1906, J. Stuart Blackton made the first animated film named, "Humorous Phases of Funny Faces." He drew comical faces on a blackboard, filmed them, stopped the film, erased one face to draw another, then filmed the newly drawn face.  It’s roots to  amazing animation as we know it today.

It’s good for those who know the soul-work of grace to fellowship!  Now, The Sustas (my three sisters and I) know how to animate a conversation!  Put us in the same room or around the table, and we’ll tolerate name-calling such as “hen parties,” but we know the essence of such gatherings!  Luke writes, “Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah, and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. And she cried out with a loud voice and said, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me? For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.’" (1:39-45)  Amazing how Elizabeth was instantly conscious of The Messiah!  Filled with The Spirit, Elizabeth understood her need for a Savior and Luke penned rightly her excitement. Mary, also filled with The Spirit of God, spoke her joy, admiration, and gratitude (Luke 1:46-55) for the child Who would redeem the souls of man and her ownWhat an amazing gathering of kindred hearts abundantly and completely satisfied in the Person of The Christ.  I can relate to a moment’s animation but moreover an Amazing Savior.  It’s … animazing!

Dear Lord,
Make my life song of Your redemption for my soul!  Make me know You and nothing else.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home