Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Answer the Call

Don’t you cringe just a little when your cell phone rings and you don’t recognize the number?  How spoiled we are to Caller ID!  Well, we didn’t need Caller ID at home when I was a teenager ‘cause everyone knew Bill was going to call between 7:00 and 9:00 PM, and no one best get between me and the phone!

Luke writes, “… and the days were completed … “ (2:6)   Isn’t it amazing babies know when to come!  Of course, we know it’s not some infant premeditation rather mostly physiological.  In Mary’s case, as in every matter of life, God determined – the time had come.  As is His Way, everything was in place – earthly parents in the prophesied city, the star in its ordained position, shepherds posed in the hill country, and angels at Heaven’s edge awaiting Almighty’s signal to proclaim The Messiah’s arrival.  Heaven’s gift – Jesus, Savior, Prince of Peace, Emmanuel.  Precious and holy as He was and is, let us not miss the reason for Heaven’s child.  It was love such as we cannot fathom, that knows no bounds, which defies logic, and beyond imagination … yes, love that sent Him here to become common, rendering Heaven’s Finest and Best to pay a debt & settle a score once and for all so you and I must not know death, separation, and defeat by evil’s product called sin.  Yes, we are the reason!  You and I -- God’s greatest passion in living and dying, drawing us back to Himself in the fullness of time!  So, who are we, who am I?  Casting Crowns answers it beautifully, “and You’ve told me who I am – I am Yours.”  We are God’s – from beginning to end and everywhere in between.  He’s our ID - He calls us by name from a manger in Bethlehem, from the rough timbers of a cross, from an empty tomb, to where we sit at this very moment.  And, He continues to call our names.  Do not cringe, do not hesitate -- answer the call!

Dear Lord,
My lips cannot speak with adequate clarity the depth of my praise for such love and mercy made real through Christ.  May my life forever sing of Who You are.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home