Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Perfect Turnover

Turnovers – yum!  Never heard of a chocolate turnover until a few days ago.  Haven’t tried one but plan to do that soon!

“Yes Sir” is a pleasing reply to God albeit difficult.  Why do we rather behave as some key player on a debate team!  We prefer more common replies: but - what if – why - surely-not.  The angel clarified something early-on in the conversation with Mary, “you have found favor with God.” (Luke 1:30)  Against all odds [of man and nature], God’s made Himself clear to this young maiden.  Young, but wise, her submissive attitude reveals: “And Mary said, ‘Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.’ And the angel departed from her." (V.38)   The angel left – enough said, end of conversation!  Nothing remained to hinder Mary’s obedience – “may it be done … according to your word.”  What sweet melody to our Heavenly Father.  The peace we forfeit, the joy we sacrifice when we press on in our own ways instead of the Word of God. Now, I know I don’t need anything chocolate but I plan to try one of those turnovers soon with a cold glass of milk!  What I DO need, however, is continuous spiritual turnovers [and turn-abouts] from prideful rebellion to a humble submissiveness to God.   It’s the perfect turnover!

Dear Lord,
Give me Grace to repent of my wickedness and submit my way unto You.  Be Lord of my life! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home