Monday, December 20, 2010

Close Relation

It's not uncommon for people to recognize my Dad's name.  He’s been gone from the county where I live for many years but his name is often recalled by friends and former church members.  Sometimes I'm more quickly known as the daughter of ... than by my own name!

Matthew uses seventeen verses to describe the lineage of Christ (Matthew 1:1-17).  The angel of Matthew 1:20 addressed Jesus' earthly father, Joseph, as "son of David."  The Old Testament prophesied Jesus would come from the House and Lineage of David, so Joseph's part in the family tree is indeed significant.  I'm sure Joseph was proud of his family history and surely counted it an honor to be called "son of David."  There is no greater honor for Believers than to be called "of Christ."  Consequently, there is no greater responsibility than to represent Christ well.  There’s no areas of exception and no periods of absenteeism when we’re exempt from Christ-likeness.  Our choices, our language, our behavior, our priorities, our ministries all serve one purpose -- to glorify and honor Christ Who gave up Heaven for us.  I’ll always be in close relation to my earthly father and mother and it’s important I honor their name.  There's no better Season than this to acknowledge then consider the close relation with our Heavenly Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home