Monday, January 10, 2011

God's Handwriting

Penmanship is an art, which has almost become lost with technology.  As a young girl, I learned from Mom how to handwrite notes of gratitude and encouragement.  Emails and Ecards have replaced the time devoted to scripted notes and handwriting practice!

Jeremiah the Prophet writes not of style nor beauty of God’s handwriting, but of His topic.  “’But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,’ declares the Lord, ‘I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.’” (31:33)  With absolute confidence we know what God handwrites is of glorious and eternal significance.  Furthermore, He does not write with anything temporal but only with permanence.  God’s covenant with His People, that about which He wrote, is fully satisfying – enough to fill the cup of thirsty man.  Will we not say with David the psalmist, “my cup runneth over!” (23:5)!  Indeed, God’s words are sufficient and simply that He is our God and we are His people fulfills every need, all the portion we require.  Spurgeon wrote, “Desire is insatiable as death, but He who filleth all in all can fill it.” Herein is genuine fulfillment of The Gospel of Christ – He’s all we need for redemption and forgiveness of sin, all we need for victorious living, all we need for life eternal.  A friend commented kindly on my penmanship recently, but truly nothing compares to the Penmanship of Almighty God Who continues to impress His precepts upon hearts today!  Let us read and obey The Writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home