Thursday, March 17, 2011

Favored One

Parents are sometimes accused of having a favorite child, and I just know I must be my parents’ favorite of four girls!  Why would I say such a thing?  Well, I was the only child given the privilege of mopping the kitchen floor every Saturday morning and the only one allowed to mow the steep hill beside the house.  Surely my parents would only have given their favorite child such wonderful opportunities!  J

God has favorites!  Imagine that!  The Father of all fathers favors some of His creation more than others, and He isn’t ashamed to say it!.  David wrote “the Lord has set apart the godly man for Himself.” (Psalm 4:3)  There we have it – God reserves for Himself the godly  – those who seek after and practice righteousness, those who are convicted of sin & confess it & repent of it, those seek to be forgiven and to forgive others, those who pursue God’s Truth then walk in it.  These are the favored ones of The Father.  “But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord, You surround him with favor as a shield.”   You know I’m just joking about being the favorite child – my parents love me and my sisters the same just as I love my own children equally.  Truth is, God loves person deeply but, just like our own children, it’s those who are obedient who bring Him the greatest joy and delight.  Oh, how I long to be His favored one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home