Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shiner

I've never had a shiner (black eye) -- never gave anyone one either!  Do you remember when Opie got a shiner?  My favorite part was when he was admiring his shiner in the mirror then asked, "Pa, how long do you think it'll last if I take reeeeal good care of it?"

The longer I live and the more struggles I know, the more and more I long for my eternal home.  Of course, I know there is much to be done while I remain, but I'm looking forward to that time when My Father says to His angels, "It's time!"  The boys once had a t-shirt with the words, "This world is not my home ...," and that is so true.  I really don't anticipate this world ever seeming much like home -- secure, safe, peaceful, joyful -- because it's not the home My Father has prepared for me.  Truth is, we’re not on the preparation committee but on the welcoming committee for Jesus' return!  Here, in this temporary place, many need the good news of Hope (Jesus Christ) and the joy that comes from Him.   For blessed shall be "the glad-hearted servants who shine with the Master's joy!"  Yes, we are all called to be Shiners while we're here.  With the eyes of Christ, we must reflect the Light that drives away surrounding darkness and echoes sweet sounds of Peace.  Be a Shiner for Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home