Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Greatest Friend - Part 2

An estimated 43 million households own a pet.  I am sure there are various reasons – protection, hunting, service, and some inherit their pets.  I would guess, however, companionship ranks near the top reason people own pets.

Oh, to be a friend of God’s – even the sound of it is satisfying!  Pets have a way of getting into our hearts.  I don’t have any grandchildren yet but I think my grand-dogs are pretty grand!  I am convinced they love to see me coming through the gate!  Friendship is more than just close acquaintance: it’s being attached to another by affection.  Christ said, “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friend, You are my friends if you do what I command you.” (John 15:13-14)   Abraham was known as a “friend of God” (Exodus 33:11) [perhaps] because he drew no boundaries on his heart.  When we, like Abraham, surrender our hearts to The Father, we [too] can know Him as Greatest Friend and Most Faithful Companion.  Perfect companionship!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home