Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Serious Look

What do two bicycles, two dirty socks, a wet towel, four baseball bases, a plastic cup, a drink can, a panel of wood, and a plastic bottle have in common?  These items were scattered across the lawn as I arrived home one afternoon.  The mess wasn't so visible ... until I drove up the long driveway at which time I got a serious look!

God calls us to take a serious look at our hearts!  The heart’s general condition may seem fine, that is, until we get up-close-and-personal. That’s when we see the junk – like that front yard I described.  Almighty God cannot share quarters with the clutter and debris of sin.  King David faced his own wretchedness when the Prophet Nathan called out the king’s sin.  Listen to David’s heart-cries for help and cleansing: "Purge me ... wash me ... make he hear joy and gladness ... blot out ... create in me ... renew ... do not cast me away ...restore ... uphold me ... deliver me ... " (Psalm 51)  God desires a heart that’s broken and humbled (Psalm 51:17), a vessel made useful for Him (2 Timothy 2:21).  Soul-cleansing isn’t easy or fun ‘cause Satan does a jam-up job of disguising bad as good, making it look-taste-feel right.  Consider how we clutter our hearts by way of television, movies, books, magazines, music, friends, relationships, etc. There’s plenty that add nothing profitable or bring honor to The King’s dwelling place!  Take a serious look at your heart – make it fit for The King!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home